I am an artist with experience in game lighting, environment art, and illustration. I've worked in the games industry since 2011, and have a Master's degree in Interactive Entertainment from FIEA. I've worked at a variety of studio sizes; from small indie studios where I was primarily a generalist and animator, to working in environment and lighting at Electronic Arts, and now as a lighting artist at High Moon Studios.
As I continue to grow in my career, I hope to continue to learn how to create compelling environments and illustrations for the video game and theme park industries.
Authors fog and sky settings for sun and sky.
Places reflection and post process volumes.
Lights exterior and interior levels, with a focus on gameplay, player progression, and story telling.
Works with fx and environment departments on both visual and performance requirements.
Optimizes level lighting.
Created whitebox environment layouts for animators and concept paint overs.
Compiled environment audits for art directors and outsource management.
Modeled interior and exterior sets in Maya, created textures in Substance Designer, Substance Painter, and Photoshop.
Imported assets and assembed sets in Frostbite Engine.
Longshot: Madden NFL 18
- Translated concept art into cinematic scenes; created mood, visual depth, and interest for cinematic camera composition in the Frostbite engine.
- Lit cinematic environments and character lighting; focused on visual delivery and performance optimization.
- Worked with environment artists to ensure adherence to PBR standards.
- Performed optimization passes on all lighting scenes to ensure they were in performance.
Madden NFL 18
- Created swarm systems in Houdini, and trained coworkers on workflows.
- Created environment assets and PBR textures in Maya, Photoshop, and Substance Designer.
- Brought existing assets up to PBR standards through texture and mesh modifications.
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour
- Modeled environment assets in Maya, pipelining them through Houdini and into Frostbite.
- Used aerial and ground-level references to recreate PGA courses in Frostbite.
- Led an art team through a project, from concept to completion.
- Designed UI layout and wrote style documentation for other artists’ use.
- Concepted and illustrated storyboards, environment assets, and props.
- Created spritesheets and implemented them into the game using XML.
- Modeled, rigged, and animated characters, accessories, and environment assets in Maya.
- Created level assets in Maya and implemented into game engine.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (mobile release):
- Updated existing textures, created new textures, identified and fixed visual issues.
- Rigged two dimensional characters in 3DS Max.
- Animated multiple characters with idle, fight, and other animations.
- Imported animations into Unity.
- Illustrated environment assets and characters.
- Worked on animation spritesheets for 2d assets.
- Created UI icons and menus.
- Created concept art for characters, environments, and weapons.
- Illustrated UI icons and menus.
- Modeled 3D environment assets and characters.
- Animated weapons and characters.